Our recent redevelopment milestones are just a taste of the many exciting things to come. With all guests now staying in a newly refurbished room, we are on track to deliver one of Australia’s most extensive hotel refurbishments by the end of 2016, and our new six-star tower in early 2018.
Over the coming few months, you’ll continue to see a host of improvements around the property, as we work towards creating a world-class integrated resort that truly encompasses the spirit of our beautiful city.
Six Star Tower
The property’s luxury new development promises to deliver on six-star quality and service, offering new levels of luxury and only the best in finishes and amenities. Construction of the 17-storey tower is underway at the front of the property and is scheduled to be completed prior to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Canal Front Parkland Upgrade
The Star Entertainment Group has announced it will work with the City of Gold Coast Council to revitalise the parkland on the corner of the Gold Coast Highway and T E Peters Drive, Broadbeach – directly in front of the property.
The $1 million park redevelopment, which includes new lawn, a feature grassed mound, seating, pathways, recreational area and space for community stage will commence in December 2017 and reopen in February 2018, in time for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Prior to the redevelopment, the park will be utilised to support the construction of the new six-star tower.
Proposed Schedule of Works
- Luxury poolside experience
- Italian restaurant – Cucina Vivo
- Japanese restaurant and bar – Kiyomi
- Exterior painting of existing hotel
- Fresh new dining experience – Garden Kitchen & Bar
- Refurbishment of Penthouse, Suites and Executive Deluxe Rooms
- Rejuvenated events lawn
- Replacement of the iconic diamond roof
- Re-energised Main Gaming Floor
- Refurbishment of the first newly Superior Deluxe Rooms
- Refurbishment of remaining hotel rooms
- Lobby Level check-in refresh and redesign
- Replacement of the sail roof above the Atrium area
- New-look Atrium Bar
- Addition of another two new food and beverage offerings
- Construction of new six-star tower continues
To be completed
- Refreshed property arrival experience and external lighting
- Transformation of an array of food and beverage outlets
- New contemporary restaurants and bars
- New six-star tower to be completed prior to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games